Abbe Oye!!

:-) Baito yaar....kuch chaai waai peeyo....baathe karo...

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Well...it depends on what you want to know!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Borat: Movie Review

Here are the stats: Silvi hated it....Silva wasn't blown away and thought a few anecdotes were funny...

I dont want to give too much away for folks who haven't seen it....here's my thoughts in random order:

1. Dont eat roughly an hour before the movie and dont plan on eating for atleast an hour after....why? just trust me....DONT...you'll find out for yourself anyway.

2. Be prepared to see some gross nudity...I really sincerely mean it....

3. I must say that about 60 % of the movie is certainly watchable...and funny too....by that I mean the right level of funny...

4. There's not even a semblance of a plot....the whole movie is constructed based on whatever bits and pieces can be "comedicised" (I like inventing new words lately!)

Bottom line - Silvi would say ABSOLUTELY NO! whereas I would say just see it so you can get it over with...This is not going to stay in your memory or be a part of the coffee machine / water cooler discussion by any means.

Cheers!

6 Comments:

Blogger SVR said...

Me definitely agrees with Silvi! - whatever jokes are acceptable can be found on youtube / google videos and have been there forever!

11/06/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Venky said...

once watch ...
but the nudity was gross dude! I can understand a few seconds ... but not so much!

11/06/2006 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger De-Silva said...

I believe the next one he's making is called Bruno - based on another one of his characters. This one is supposed to be a gay austrian fashion guy or something like that...God save us when that hits! :-)

The nudity and the poop at the dinner table....the two particular scenes that spoiled it for me....otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Cheers.

11/06/2006 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger raoul said...

I haven't seen Borat, but from the sound of it seems a lot like Ali G Indahouse.

11/07/2006 01:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arvind, if Bruno gets released u r watching it aloneā€¦

11/07/2006 02:05:00 PM  
Blogger Venky said...

I agree ... if not for the nudity/poop stuff - the movie was definitely watchabe :)
and I would be intersted in Bruno - he's a solid character ... at least in the Ali G shows :)

11/07/2006 02:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home