Abbe Oye!!

:-) Baito yaar....kuch chaai waai peeyo....baathe karo...

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Well...it depends on what you want to know!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

What the hell do I want to do in life anyway?

Dang it! I'm so damn irritated with myself....therefore venting my frustration. If you're also in a pissy mood, suggest you try some other blog for some light-hearted banter!

I was thinking the other evening when driving back from work....pretty rare that I do that....thinking I mean! It was one of those Venki moments....I know your next question - what's a venki moment? well, that's the subject matter for another blog! :-) let me see if I can find you a link....hang on!

Aaha...found it! I coundn't have explained it better...http://venkythinky.blogspot.com/2006/08/my-god.html

Coming back to what I was thinking...what percent of the human population really knows what is it that they want to do in life? sounds simple isn't it? I suspect it is a very very small number! If I could hazard a guess (no science, just gut feel), I would say roughly 5 to 8 % of the population. Then came the next question - what percent of the human population actually has the power and authority to control / direct / govern whatever is happening on this earth? I mean the true power players...Again, gut feel tells me that number is between 1 and 2 % of the population....meaning - in my opinion, 98 % of human beings are just followers....just bodies taking orders and carrying out work....

I realize that there are several levels of questions that can come about as a result of the statements above....for e.g. levels of authority based on levels in any organization etc, and how that plays into the numbers....that's more like the hierarchy, the pecking order etc,...but based on who the key power players are in any type of organization, be it a multi-national company or a tribe, the numbers (atleast in my head!) seem reasonable.

Continuing my thoughts....am I one among the 98 % or the 2 % on this planet? am I one of the 5 % who know where they're going or the 95 % who just lead their lives the way nature takes them? just drifting along aimlessly with no real direction? Where is it that I want to be? Do I want to choose even?

Am I a lucky SOB that was in the right time at the right place? Well, that cannot be entirely true now....I know that much. I have taken some steps / some risks / some opportunities to get where I am. But yet, I do not know what I really really want in life....what thing or things I would just LOVE to get up in the morning and really WANT to do....WANT TO DO! Is that so fucking hard to figure out....

There are constraints....seemingly very many....but reality / nature(?) cannot work well with very many constraints... one should be able to narrow it down to 2 or 3 at the most. So I guess the real question I need to ask myself is - What would I do if I had no constraints? no fear?

To be continued......

Your thoughts por favor? :-) Buenos Noches!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarat said...

Hee Hee! You know my thoughts on that matter.

-sarat.

10/29/2006 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger SVR said...

kya hua?
something bothering you? or the usual contemplations of a saturday afternoon?

10/29/2006 01:19:00 AM  
Blogger De-Silva said...

Hi Soumya, this is more than the usual contemplations mode that I get into...

Sarat, your thoughts were cryptic at best! :-) fact of the matter is I really dont know what I want to do....really! hope to figure it out...sooner rather than later...

Cheers!

10/29/2006 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Venky said...

Its nice to ponder/question/challenge my frnd ... thats what keeps it interesting ...
I hope you don't figure it out ... if you know what I mean :)

10/30/2006 01:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home