Abbe Oye!!

:-) Baito yaar....kuch chaai waai peeyo....baathe karo...

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Well...it depends on what you want to know!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Naked!!!!

Now that I have your attention! :-)

It's funny how we remember friends....silvi and I tend to remember friends usually via some funny / funky incidents!

Today we remembered Venki and Soumya a lot!! If you guys choked on your food or had water in your wind-pipe, it was probably us! :-)

Anyways, I was in Sam's club this evening and after buying the usual groceries, was walking past the "refrigerated foods" section. I noticed a juice labeled "Naked" with a tag-line 'Nothing to hide'. The featured flavor was 'Pomegranate Acai' and it was fantastic! Acai is sourced from the Amazonian forests and packs a mean anti-oxidant punch.....or so it seems...because as soon as I drank it, I sure was out of oxygen! ;-)

The last time I brought the "Naked" juice home, there was pandemonium....I tried to instill some level of healthy eating habits in my friends...Venki, Soumya, Vijay and Namrata. The flavor in question then was "Green Machine" and had Spirulina, Chlorella, Green Tea, Blue Green Algae, Barley Grass and several other turbo-charged ingredients sourced from all over the world...

I managed to "sell" that one to Vijay quite easily.....Namrata too got on board without too much hassle.

But these MBA types I tell you, these people are hopeless.....no trust whatsoever...and I thought I was a good friend....tsk...tsk.

Anyway, Venki smelled his glass of err...smelly potent juice....and promptly labeled it "Mehendi juice". Soumya being slightly more health conscious started to drink it, probably even liked it but the quintessential "pativrata" that she is, promptly (as in the same breath) changed and said "Yup, this sure smells like Mehendi".

Then Venki thought I was playing them all JUST LIKE he tried to and almost succeeded with that dried nasty sheets of Anjur or peach or something....Disgusting stuff I tell you! God knows who else he has tried to peddle this dinosaur poop to.....maybe he even took it to Houston as it was declared illegal to store, consume, sell or even discard in the great state of North Carolina! :-)

Here I was, trying to get them onto the health bandwagon and everyone suddenly got the smell of Mehendi...what broke my heart was that even Silvi....who I thought for so long would side me, support me through thick and thin...ditched me in a nano-second!

But I am not one to give up easily......so Pomegranate Acai it is today......and next comes 'Orange Mango Motion' to quell constipation followed by 'Tangerine Scream' to soothe my throat.....while Silvi might just say to hell with all that, drink a 'Strawberry Kiwi Kick' and you know the rest..... :-)

If y'all thought I was goofing off, check nakedjuice.com. This is serious business yo!

Cheers.

P.S. - I am going to "gift" the remaining bottle off Pomegranate Acai to my friendly neighbors....pssst...dont tell them! :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger raoul said...

The pomegranate acai's a bit too acidic for my taste, I'm afraid. Love the green and blue machines though.

10/22/2006 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger De-Silva said...

Namaskar Raoul,

Thanks for visiting...yeah, the Pom Acai is a bit out there....but overall, the three or four that I've tried are pretty good! haven't tried the blue machine...next on my list! :-)

Cheers.

10/22/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Venky said...

Always wanted to ask this - did you ever drop some of that green stuff on your shirt or hands?
I'm sure it would have turned orange :P
I'm telling you dude ... theres a reason why we dont drink mehendi so often ;)

10/30/2006 01:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home