Abbe Oye!!

:-) Baito yaar....kuch chaai waai peeyo....baathe karo...

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Well...it depends on what you want to know!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Gary Larson - What an artist!!

Many of you have probably heard this name before and have seen the catroons of this phenomenal artist! I had seen his work in the past....old magazines, newspapers etc,. but had not paid much attention. I know...pretty dumb not to have...

Anyway, a colleague of mine at work loaned me a few of Larson's compilations...and MAN! What a BLAST they are!!! I am simply blown away by the humor in the drawn image as well as the tagline / caption that usually goes with it. The breadth and depth of topics range from prehistoric dinosaurs to aliens and everything in between...what a guy!! You OWE it to yourself to beg / borrow / steal / buy his books or compilations and partake in the joyful and intelligent creations of this wonderful human being!

I dont believe Larson doodles much anymore....and whenever I see a gifted human being - be it a musician or a cartoonist, stop doing what they do best, I feel somewhat saddened.

Ofcourse it is that individual's decision and life and choice to do as he or she pleases.....but I feel that great people have this sort of responsibility / moral obligation thrust upon them by society, God, call it what you will....to continue to do their good work as a service to society rather than hang up their boots and fade away forever.....

1 Comments:

Blogger raoul said...

I've heard of Gavin Larsen.

1/20/2007 09:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home